The Stage of Denial

Jimmy Lightning said the first thing that popped into his extreme skull: "What?"

Master Hu replied, "You are to represent the entire Empire in a Peggle Tournament against Kat Tut. If he wins, all of the Empire shall be his. If you win, the land of the Great Empire will double in size. Also, we'll gain some nice pyramids, too. Very nice for burials. Very intimidating, too. I know I'm intimidated, just looking at him."

"Huh?"

"Did you not hear what I said, or is it difficult to grasp?"

"Huh?"

"I shall assume the latter."

"Why me?"

"Why you? Because there are no others. Those who have participated in the Tournament before cannot be chosen this time. You are the best hope we have."

"But I... But I... I'm not even that good. I'm a C-student! You should ask Cynthia! She's way better than I am! I don't want this kind of pressure."

"Cynthia is good, but you are better. I have been watching you. I see what is inside of you. The stars and the cards tell me that you shall be the next great Peggle legend." Master Hu put a wing on Jimmy Lightning. "You shall be victorious, and you shall bring great glory to the Empire."

"I... I don't know."

"Will you help us, Jimmy Lightning? You are our only hope."

"I... I... I'm gonna need some time to think about it."

"Suit yourself, Jimmy Lightning. But you will participate in the tournament. It is your destiny."

"I don't know..."